Monday, July 11, 2011

Parenting Fail: The Showering Edition

Momma enjoying her bathtime parade!

Today, while showering, I was reminded why I usually bathe. The instant the shampoo was in my hair and I was at the mercy of the water, four children suddenly and yet serially were struck with an irresistible urge to go. I yelled at the first one, pleaded with the second, yelled again at the third, and made a smart aleck comment that went completely over the fourth child's head. The fifth child flushed due to peer pressure. I couldn't blame him, really, and I was relatively friendly as he came traipsing in. "Yes, hi! Come on in and flush away, my boy! Yes, indeedy!" I really need to develop a better plan for disciplining while naked, scalded, and blinded by shampoo. The yell, plead, yell, surrender to sarcasm system has it's weaknesses.


I have failed before...click away...
Parenting Fail: The Grammarian Edition
Ask a toddler to duck...
Parenting Fail: Time Out Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment