Friday, January 31, 2014

Exorcisms, Valentine's Day, and Renovations: 7 Quick Takes

#1
Site of recent exorcism.

This story about an exorcism got quite a bit of traction in the blogosphere this week.

#2 
Fr. Dwight Longenecker blogger at Standing on my Head

Fr. Dwight Longenecker wrote about it and the lessons to be learned…I was especially interested in his comments on the need for Catholic intervention when dealing with evil.

#3 
This was the first exorcism
ever permitted by Bishop Dale Melczek.

Sue Brinkmann at Women of Grace discussed the exorcism, too.

#4

Here's my take over at Deeper Truth Blog.



#5 
On a completely different note, if you need Valentine's Day Ideas, check out Sheila's blog. I highly recommend the Dice Game. Highly.

Did I say highly? Highly.

#6

In all our remodeling we have found School House Electric. We're fantasizing about buying everything, but especially this chandelier. What do you think?

#7 
There are two types of posts that I struggle with my inner critic when I am writing. I am always tempted at some point in the composition or the editing to simply move the entire post to the trash icon. Both of those posts are seemingly unrelated. One type is the ones on evil and its influence on the world. I always hesitate to discuss my background and how it has made me sensitive to such things. It is embarrassing, frankly. The other? It's my marriage advice posts. I struggle with writing those, too. I have the same embarrassed desire to just forget the whole thing. What can you make of that?


No comments:

Post a Comment