Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Fast Day

Wimpiness is not next to Godliness.
Today is the day that I Fast For Life and I have a confession to make: this family has been eating an awful lot of spaghetti on Thursday. I've 
                       been 
                                 cheating!

Don't get me wrong--I'm still abstaining from foods other than bread and broth on my day. How I've been cheating is by removing the temptation to break my fast. The point being I'd rather eat anything other than spaghetti, even bread and broth. I've been wimping out and I know it. So I'm changing that as of today.

Tonight instead of cooking something my family loves and I do not, I'm going to cook one of my personal favorites. I will not even taste test it. (It's goulash, if you're curious.)  

P.S. I know that we're not supposed to put on sackcloth and ashes when we fast, but voluntary sacrifice is almost a foreign concept in our culture. It could do with a bit of explanation and discussion--if only to encourage others in the spiritual practice. Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment