Friday, August 26, 2011

7 Quick Takes: Can you be out by Sunday?

From this...
1) This Sunday?

...to this. Yeah, I can handle it.

2) Ah, well, then...I am packing up the Ugly Yellow Trailer in order to move it out of the way (no we haven't sold it yet) to make room for the foundation work for the new house. It's going to be moved in about two weeks. So, we've gone from waiting to panicking packing in a big hurry.

3) On a related note, I still have a goat due to kid. After the last kidding ordeal, I am dreading it. This goat is also overdue. It's still hot. The feed is still of such poor quality this year. In other words, all the criteria for another excuse to be up to my elbows in a goat is still in play, only this time I can't do it. I'm seriously considering selling her, pregnant and all, rather than risk her going into labor and having a bad time of it when I might not be here for her. Prayers would be appreciated.

4) In the middle of all of this, my poor husband is in the middle of a 12 day workweek, with 6 of those being out of town, and three 14 hour days tossed in just for fun. Then he gets a total of one day off before starting back up again.

5) I could continue on the woe is me meme here, but I've actually clocked in with a full night's sleep--in air conditioning no less!--so I'm feeling a bit more on the "fine" side than all this sounds.

6) I will gladly take recommendations for music to pack to in the Comment Box or over on Facebook or Twitter. I could use some serious jams to stuff my life in a box to.

7) Prayers for all those preparing for Irene!

 
Jennifer Fulwiler
Thanks to Jennifer Fulwiler, a fellow Texan, for hosting
7 Quick Takes Friday 

No comments:

Post a Comment